Inside the mind of a bacon freak

The world is my plate of pork...

27 July, 2006

Can a niggah get a block of ice?

Holy shit is it hot in the summer here! Well, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Whatever the hell, holy shit is it hot in the summer here! Yeah, I know, Phoenix and shit. It is hotter in those kinds of places. Yeah, it is, but I am not there. That, and I am what some call 'a bitch'.

According to Hanka, this is the hottest she has ever seen it here. Everyone has been talking about how unusual the weather has been over the last year and a half. Last summer was unusually hot. Last winter was unusually cold and long. Hated it. Now, this summer is shaping up to be like last one. I used to live in this kind of heat and humidity. Actually worse.

Louisville, Kentucky (the butthole of the Ohio valley) is worse than this. Slightly hotter and more humid. That place really sucks. The only time to be there is in spring and fall. The place is great then. I really like it there those times of the year. Same here in Praha I am thinking.

Saving graces to the heat? Not many. As a matter of fact, the only one that comes to mind as I sit in this passage outside drinking an iced coffee drink is really bittersweet. Most of the people wear as little clothing as possible. For the over abundance of hot chicks that are swarming this place, it is great. I can see why Hanka is so pretty. There must be something in the gene pool here as this place has so many beautiful women*. This place, of course, has its' share of completely 'busted' women as well. Something I have noticed is that there is not much middle ground. You are hot, or your are jacked. Now, thank goodness, most of the 'jankie-ass bitches' are so kind as to cover up the injustice, some do like to 'air it out'. This along with the heat can bring on light headedness and nausea.

Honestly, I don't see how some of the people can dress like some do in hot weather. I see people wearing long sleeve shirts, pants, jackets etc... To hell with people like me who don't want to see that shit, it is hot. We can just turn out heads. I was riding a bus to a village outside the city (it is hot on these damn busses) and some lady got on wearing a thick long sleeve shirt and corduroy pants. She was sitting across from me. No sweat on her brow to be seen. By 10 AM I am soaked with sweat. I run hot. My cooling system works overtime. Bums wear every bit of clothing they own. Shit, it is hot, stash that coat. NO ONE WANTS IT! IT IS TOO DAMN HOT!!!

I feel lucky to have this outside seat at the coffee shop. If I had to sit inside I would dehydrate. In America, the place would be air-conditioned. Not here. Not many places have that luxury. If they do have air-conditioning, they only use it to achieve a climatic state of 'better than outside'. Thinking about this reminds me of how in the states most places are trying to refrigerate the shit out of you.

It is no wonder many parts of the states have the energy problems in the summertime that they do. The need to operate cooling systems to such a low temperature requires so much more power than is available. Why don't we as Americans take cues from the rest of the world and only try to maintain a reasonable inside temperature. This not only saves money, but more importantly, resources. Where is the leadership here? Oh yeah, Bush administration policy: "We, uh, will, uh, poke, uh, more, uh, uh, holes in Alaska, uh. Did I mention, uh, al Qeida, uh? Killers, uh, all of them, uh..." I could go on like that for hours. If you are a Bush fan, suck it up. The leadership of your posse sucks and their short sightedness refuses to lose face and bring forth the reality that is right in front of our faces. The last time I can remember a presidential administration that actually spoke of conservation was the Carter administration-in the 70's! the Clinton adminstration was the best since then but only because of some of their environmental policies. They did not speak too much of conservation.

Has anyone seen Al Gore's flick 'An inconvenient truth'? It is not out yet here in Praha so obviously, I have not. I am interested in what is has to say.

Another thing I don't see here is ice for sale. In every store that sells some kind of food in the states, one can buy ice, blocks or cubes, your choice. I do miss this. When it is hot, an ice cold drink every now and then is DAMN refreshing! Once again, the saving money and resource thing, I know. But a little give and take is a good thing.

I'll take a bag of ice, please. And could you move out of the way, a pack of honeys this way comes...


[*This fact one would think could be a distraction in a relationship. Not for me. I still think Hanka is a beautiful girl. One of the best. But to me, humans are interesting creatures, works of art really. Women are the best of that. All of them. Even the 'busted' ones.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home